Friday, September 2, 2011

Went to the Animal Fair!

Ed and I spent the day at the Evergreen State Fair.  At least once every year or so I need my fill of horses, funky chickens, very large sows with piglets, quilts, spinners spinning yarn, local grange displays (love these!!), sweet Walla Walla onion burgers, and funnel cakes!  So that's what we did today.

In the arena where the baked goods were displayed, Ed looked at one entry...

Ed:  Look at that nut cake!  It is FOUR YEARS OLD.
Me: (reading the entrant info)  No, the kid who baked it is four years old.
Ed:  Oh.  I was going to say...waiting four years to enter your cake!

I had a really good laugh at that.  And the cake did look seriously good, both for a four year old cake OR one baked by a four year old.

We had good old-fashioned fun.  Tractors, horses, chain saw carvers, the Navy Band (really good!), cowboy hats, 4H dog obedience trials...Nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment